Although the focus of ISO 14001 environment and sustainability, users of the standard are free to extend their EMS to address broader corporate responsibility issues, which could include the requirements of the new UK Modern Slavery Act.
- Developing and maintaining the standardized operational procedures (EMS) in accordance with the environmental compliance, interpreting the environmental disturbance risks, and communicating with environmental authorities for compliance assistance.
- Creating and developing presentation reports of environmental regulations and procedures for submitting it to regulatory bodies.
- Updating plans and specifications for managing the hazardous chemical substances, providing back up plan in case of emergencies like accidental spillage, and training the workers to handle the cleanup procedure with safety.
- Working knowledge of hazardous and waste materials in the industrial environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills, technical writing skills, and critical reviewing skills for analysis and development of technical reports.
· Detailed knowledge about all impacts of a big industrial operation on the environment.
· Familiarity with all permits and licenses necessary to manage a complete operation; experience in elaborating, acquiring and following-up of licenses in cooperation with the relevant authorities.
· Experience and efficiency in contact and negotiation with authorities
· Must be able to work independently, but also in team situations.
· High level of stress tolerance, discipline and decisiveness and ability to achieve deadlines.